Volunteer for RAINN
Volunteer to staff the phone hotline for your local rape crisis center
Local rape crisis centers operate the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and are always looking for dedicated, caring individuals to volunteer. Opportunities include supporting hotline callers, accompanying victims to the hospital, and serving as a victim advocate in court proceedings.
Volunteer for the Online Hotline
The National Sexual Assault Hotline at online.rainn.org, operated by RAINN, provides live, secure, anonymous, instant-message–style crisis support to the growing number of people who prefer communicating via the Internet — giving those affected by sexual assault a safe place to turn when they can't find their voice.
It's easy to help!
- Provide much-needed support to victims of sexual assault and their friends and family members.
- Shifts can be as short as two hours.
- Interact with experts and connect with other staffers who care about this issue.
- Complete an Online Hotline training course facilitated by RAINN (includes a combination of online and in-person training).
- Complete a background check (conducted by RAINN at no cost to you).
- Be on time for shifts that you schedule yourself using the Online Hotline website.
To learn more, take a tour of the Online Hotline.
Interested in volunteering to be an Online Hotline staffer? Choose a training class in your area.
Note: Once you complete the form below, you will be asked to:
- Sign the terms of service
- Complete sections 1-3 and upload your resume
- Review your application and submit
*If you do not get to step 3, the application has not been submitted.
Have questions about volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, for answers.